Saturday 5 April 2014

Flo's March 2014 Favourites!

Hi everyone!! The first quarter of the year is officially over. It's so crazy how quick time is flying. Anyway, here are some of my favourite products for March~



1. Origins Out of Trouble Mask


First up is a mask that I have been loving since I got in in January!!! I've heard many reviews about this mask and got it at DFS. It was around $36 I believe, so much cheaper than normal retail price at $50. The mask has this really funny texture, it feels a bit like Hazeline. Hahaha. It isn't a clay mask or like any other purifying mask, it claims to "keep skin out of trouble by pulling the plug out to oust potential outbursts". Of course, my skin will still have its random spots -_- But this mask has been a great help to calm my skin down. It's very cooling and I love the smell. Not harsh for frequent usage as well. Sometimes I also use it as a spot treatment and just leave it on top of my pimple overnight :)

2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Bone


Another product that I've been wanting to get~ Decided to just get it since I found a pretty good match. The lady matched me the colour Bone, and I believe it is a warm colour. I really like this foundation and have been enjoying it, however, sometimes the dry patches that it accentuates make me wanna cry. Cause it is super oil controlling and it's non transferable, it is expected to be pretty dry. It is ok for my face since I have oily skin, but sometimes I still get dry patches especially between my brows and this somehow accentuates it! That's pretty much the only downside to it, cause other than that this foundation is really a good medium-full coverage foundation. I will have the full review up soon, so you can check that out later ^^

3. Laneige BB Cushion in True Beige


I have this on my hands for only about a week maybe, but can I just say that I really really truly love it already. Pea did a review before (you can read here) of the older soothing BB Cushion. I think the one that I have is the newer version called whitening BB Cushion. Firstly, the packaging is just, awesome. I don't mind the bulkiness, and I appreciate how it separates the sponge and the product. Secondly, it smells freaking heavenly. Thirdly, it evens out my skin tone like no other, and it makes me GLOW like crazy!!!! Like, I'm not oily but my skin looks so dewy and healthy. Lastly, it comes with SPF 50, PA +++, and I sometimes use this as my sunscreen before putting a heavier foundation on certain parts where I need more coverage since this has the basic low-medium coverage only. This product is really worth the hype, and I can foresee myself using this product long-term. But but but... If you are into matte foundations, I do not recommend this at all~

4. Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara


Another one of my old favourites. I picked it up again after trying many other mascaras and I have to say this is still very very impressive to me!! It is super waterproof, but it has a lightweight texture that can help hold my curl throughout the day. The drier it is, the better it works on my lashes. Also, it lengthens and volumizes my lashes without the clumps, I really just love the effect this mascara gives! Almost all my friends who've tried this LOVE it. So anyone who is looking for a new mascara, I highly recommend this one. You can get it at Watsons, when you try it on, you will know what I mean. Hahahaha.

5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara



As opposed to the Heroine Make mascara, this is a much more heavy duty mascara~ I love this. The only downside (for me) is that it takes quite some time to dry. Maybe I just need to let it dry out a little bit more, somehow dryer mascaras always work better on me. I really have been enjoying this mascara, and I won't repeat myself, but you can read my full review here :)

6. O.P.I Nail Envy Matte


A small addition to my favourites this month is this Matte Nail Envy by O.P.I!!!! I finished my very first Nail Envy Original and was looking for the same one to repurchase but it was OOS. And since I was desperate, I  got this instead and I WILL NEVER LOOK BACK. The matte formula is so much better and easier to work with! I love how it dries much quicker, and it really makes my polishes last. I change my nail polish almost every week, and sometimes before I remove them they are not even chipped. Or just very minimally chipped. My nails also don't peel and I just feel that this is a great base coat and nail strengthener altogether. I highly recommend this base coat!!!

7. Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge



My friend Lexy got this and she was raving about it (read her review here), so I went to get it myself and it blew me off!!! I've been washing my brushes with baby shampoo and a lot of times, the foundation stains can't seem to come off. But with this, everything is just... SO CLEAN. I didn't need to really scrub the stains out, it just cleans itself lol. However, it smells very alkali, and it feels a little drying on my palms. So I would suggest you use a glove while washing your brushes to protect your hands from drying out! Other than that, this is a super good cleaner for only $2~!!!!

That's all for my favourites this month! Many of my lip favourites are still the same - Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom, Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Lemonade, and all my NYX Butter Gloss babies 

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Are you planning to pick up any of the products above? Let us know~

xx,
Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment